This is a simple 1-hour recipe to make some delicious banana-waste-preventing Banana Bread!
2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter a baking pan (around 12 x 24 cm is a good size).
- In a bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Add baking soda and salt, sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Mix in the flour. If you wish to include chocolate chips add them to the mix now.
- Pour batter into buttered pan. Bake for around 50 minutes to 1 hour at 180°C. Poke a knife or fork into the highest part to check if it’s ready (if it comes out clean, it’s good!).
- Share with your friends and family!